These links contain information and resources on various topics:
CHADD- The National Resource on ADHD: http://www.chadd.org/
Circle of Security- Early Intervention Program for Parents and Children: http://circleofsecurity.net
Daniel Amen: http://www.amenclinics.com/
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: http://www.dbsalliance.org/
Grief Share: http://www.griefshare.org/
National Center for PTSD: Department of Veteran Affairs. http://www.ptsd.va.gov/
National Child Traumatic Stress Network: http://www.nctsn.org/
National Association for Mental Illness: http://www.nami.org/
National Domestic Violence Hotline: http://www.thehotline.org/
National Institute of Mental Health: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Project Enlightenment: https://projectenlightenment.wcpss.net/
Russell Barkley: http://www.russellbarkley.org/
Second Saturday Divorce Workshop: http://www.secondsaturdaywakecounty.com/
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: http://www.samhsa.gov/
The Child Anxiety Network: http://childanxiety.net/
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: http://www.nctsnet.org/
Zero to Three: https://www.zerotothree.org/
BOOKS FOR ADULTS
- “The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook: Sixth Edition” by Edmund Bourne, PhD
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide by Tompkins
- “When Panic Attacks”- David Burns, M.D.
- “Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety” workbook
Borderline Personality Disorder
- “The Feeling Good Handbook”- David Burns, M.D.
- “Beyond the Blues- A Workbook to help Teens overcome Depression”
Grief and Loss
- “Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy” by J. William Worden, Ph.D.
- “On Death and Dying” by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Clinical Essentials of Pain Management” by Robert Gatchel
- “Psychological Approaches to Pain Management” by Dennis C. Turk and Robert J. Gatchel
- “The Pain Survival Guide” by Denis Turk, Ph.D. and F. Winter, Ph.D.
- “Behind the Wall: The True Story of Mental Illness as Told by Parents”
- “The ADHD Book of Lists” by Sandra Rief
Relationships and Marriage
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
- “Keeping the Love You Find” by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. (great book for Singles)
- “How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About it”
- “Passionate Marriage” by David Schnarch
- “What Makes Love Last” by John Gottman, Ph.D.
- “After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust” by Janis Abrahms Spring, Ph.D.
- “If the Buddha Dated” by Charlotte Kasl, Ph.D. (great book for Singles)
- “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
- “Love & Respect”
- “Hold Me Tight” by Sue Johnson
- “How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk” by John Van Epp
- Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships
Teen Self Injury
- “Helping Teens Who Cut”- Michael Hollander, Ph.D.
- “Stopping the Pain- A Workbook for Teens who cut and self-injury”
BOOKS FOR CHILDREN
- Putting on the Brakes: Understanding and Taking Control of Your Add or ADHD
- Putting on the Brakes Activity Book for Kids with Add or ADHD
- When you just have to Roar!
- The Survival Guide for Kids with ADHD
- Jumpin’ Johnny Get Back to Work!: A Child’s Guide to ADHD Hyperactivity
- Shelley: The Hyperactive Turtle
- Josh’s Smiley Faces: A Story About Anger
- Andrew’s Angry Words
- I Hate Wendy Club: Stories, Lessons & Activities on Relational Aggression, Grades 2-5
- Why is Everybody Always Picking on Me
- A Smart Girl’s Guide: Friendship Troubles: Dealing with fights, being left out and the whole popularity….
- A Smart Girl’s Guide:- Drama, Rumors & Secrets
- Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns We Can All Get Along
Separation & Divorce
- It’s Not Your Fault Koko Bear
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House for Kids: Feeling at Home in One Home or Two
- Dinosaurs Divorce (A Guide for Changing Families)
- Smart Girl’s Guide to Her Parents’ Divorce: How To Land on Your Feet when Your World Turn’s Upside Down
- Divorce Is Not the End of the World: Zoe’s and Evan’s Coping Guide for Kids
- Two Homes